Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sports


My thoughts lately have turned to sports. It may be because spring training starts in a week, or maybe because the super bowl just finished. (I didn't even watch it.) I don't know why sports are in the back of my mind lately. The conclusion that I have come up with it is kind of like a soap opera for males.

Just think about it, we always have a team we like and a team we hate. Good vs Evil
We have teams that always win and others that always lose. The Favored vs The Underdog
We have teams that are loaded with money and we have poor ones. Rich vs. Poor
We have teams that religion plays a role. Heathen vs. Cultured/Civilized
We have a team where location plays has a role. East vs. West
We have a team where ethics has a role. Good! Good. Good?

All teams have different personalities. We just pick the one or two or hundred that we like and support them. Face it the team you like does say a lot about you!

So what does my teams say about me?

Baseball: Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, and Los Angeles Dodgers (yankees SUCK!!!!!)
Football: indifferent I will support the Packers because they are owned by thier fans and the Jets because Wayne Chrebet played for them. I hate the Raiders and Cowboys "Convicts".
Basketball: indifferent I will support the Jazz, I have to I live in Utah. I personally feel all the NBA has is over paid athletes that whine. With exceptions of Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnet, and Steve Nash. (they whine two of every three calls not all three)
Soccer: I hate the MLS. Soccer fans call my kind Euro Snobs! I can't/won't support Real Salt Lake because their owner is a crook.
College Basketball: March Maddness is the greatest tournament ever invented! Go Utes!
College Football: Utes, Notre Dame, UCLA, LSU, & Washington

If you know what my teams say about me let me know because I'm still trying to figure it out!

THANKS!

1 comment:

Cam said...

Your college football team says that you hate BYU...

Your mouth says that too.