
I am still enjoying the sugar high of the Sugar Bowl. My Alma Mater did me Proud!!!
During the game I came to a couple of conclusions and reaffirmations. First, the old adage defense really does win championships is true. Second, from here on out I am tempted to root for universities from all non BCS conference schools. For example I have no problem rooting for schools such as Boise State, Ball State, Hawaii etc...
Which lead to my conclusion or begs the question. Can I root for BYU?
I guess that still depends on the situation I am put in and they (BYU) are put in. If BYU leaves the MWC for the green and easier pastures of the WAC or Big Sky I guess I could root for them, but when other scenarios presents themselves to me it becomes hazy.
Like if my life is threatened by an overly extreme BYU zealot with moral victories pointing at my head. I just don't know if my rebellious spirit (or as the Zoobie would put it my HEATHEN spirit) could support them. I am really having a tough time with this one. You see I am won over with real and tangible victories (like the 2009 Sugar bowl, 2007 Poinsettia bowl, 2006 Armed Forces bowl, 2005 Emerald bowl, 2004 Fiesta bowl etc... I could go on for eight consecutive bowls but I won't) but moral victories just don't do it for me.
So the question I guess remains unanswered, but I'm Slightly leaning towards a NO!
P.S. Check out this link I found on ESPN.com by Rick Reilly. It has nothing to do with moral victories but, with Utah being the true national champ.
3 comments:
AMEN!!!! haha from the Bountiful Nielsens! GO UTES!!!!!!
Never!!!!!! Some may call me a BYU hater, and that's okay.
Not all BYU fans believe in moral victories, you know.
Post a Comment