Monday, December 29, 2008

Moron of the Month


This month's Moron is no other than Utah Jazz power forward Carlos Boozer. I personally can't believe this guy is saying he is going to opt-out at season's end. What makes it even better is that he has been sitting on the bench hurt while saying it. Talk about revealing your hand before the season is over.

Your stock has dropped considerably and unloading you is going to be even harder because of your dumb statement. Basic tip with negotiations: buy low, sale high. Carlos, you are doing the opposite of this. You are selling low, aka not playing, wanting out, possible health issues etc. and buying high. Who is going to pay for you when they already know you want out? Your employer feels slighted, your competitors are not going to break the bank because they know you will settle for less. It's a Carlos Boozer fire sale!!

I think Jazz owner Larry H. Miller (I'm not his biggest fan) said it best, "This, I think, is the dumbest thing I have heard in 24 years of NBA basketball." Well obviously Boozer, you did not go to college to be a rocket scientist. Sometimes silence is golden.

P.S. I'm better looking than Zack Efron.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hooray for this post! I have been saying for a while now (before the stupid statement) that I hope the Jazz get rid of Boozer. I can't stand him. I heard a stat the other day that he has sat out 1/3 of his games as a Jazz man due to injuries...now why wouldn't someone like that guarantee himself a raise?

Turpin Times said...

I hope I never make your "Moron of the Month."

Cam said...

I say Booz should take a hike. Also, Zack Efron looks like a dog compared to you.

Jessica O. said...

Michael you are hilarious. I agree 100%. Also I kind of wish he would get a little help with the acne. I mean he makes A LOT of money to do nothing. Maybe he should get facials during game time.