Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 random things about me

1. I went to college to join at fraternity, education was secondary.(hopefully James goes for an education)
2. In one water polo game I was so mad someone tried to kick me in the mouth that when that particular player got out of the pool I pushed him back in. (ya I was trying to start a fight)
3. I feel like Jim Halpert from the office almost everyday at work.
4. One week before I started kindergarten I broke my wrist.
5. I love Rick Majerus.
6. When I was a little kid I was totally fascinated with Buffalo's. (My mom nickname for me was Buff or Buffalo)
7. On a date I was sitting in the car talking with the girl when to my surprise she started french kissing me. I grab her by the shoulders and threw her off me. Meanwhile my dad was washing dishes and looking out the window and saw the whole thing. He just laughed at me. (Yes, we went on other dates but she never touched me again)
8. In third grade a girl made fun of my Halloween costume so I refused to walk in the Halloween parade. My teacher made me walk the parade route through out the entire school and in front of all my fellow students and all their parents in my regular clothes. (Ya she sucked)
9. I love to hear and tell stories.
10. I have a secret desire to try to become a vegetarian for six months to a year, but every time I really get serious about it I back down because I really love meat.
11. I really disliked my mission, but I love Spain.
12. My favorite cookies are raisin oatmeal.
13. In elementary school the kids would make fun of me because I was fat.
14. I saw The Grateful Dead in concert.
15. When the Red Sox played the yankees (lower case letters on purpose) in the divisional series in 2004 I wore my Red Sox hat every game they played. After being down 0 to 3 I quite wearing the hat and they went on to win the world series. I have not worn that hat since they lost game three. (Yes, I'm a little superstitious. Ask Heather about the cursed sweater.)
16. My favorite hero in the Book of Mormon is Abinadi. (Alma the younger is a close second)
17. I have Dyslexia.
18. A priest in Spain yelled at me for ringing the bell from the bell tower of his cathedral.
19. On my senoir trip we got arrested for under age gambling. I was forbidden to set foot on the property of Virgin River Casino for one year. (great story for another time)
20. In elementary school I played the string bass in the symphony.
21. I was once on Senator Orin Hatch's youth council. (Oh the follies of youth. Now I try to vote him out every year he runs.)
22. I broke the drinking fountain at the MTC, and swore my district to secrecy not to tell it was me because I was not going to go home with one week left!!
23. I sucked my thumb and loved my blanket immensely when I was little. (Just look at my two front teeth when I smile. I kind of have issues with my smile. So don't say anything when you look.)
24. The best decision that I ever made was to marry my wife Heather.
25. I luckiest answer I ever got was YES!

1 comment:

Cam said...

Awesome. I think I'm going to want to hear more about some of those stories.