Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moron of the Month


This moron of the month is American Express because of it's rebate checks. (I have post a picture of one above.) This rebate check has actually made me have to work!! That makes me mad!! You try running a vault for a warehouse that makes between 100,000 to 500,000 dollars a day, and be sure to have plenty of cash on hand to cash these wonderful rebate checks. No one wants to put it against their groceries. We process between 10,000 to 60,000 dollars of these rebate checks a day.

Last time I checked Costco is a warehouse not a bank! I am sick of being your banker. To keep cash on hand I have made great friends with the America First Credit Union branch across the street from us and the Zions Bank across the parking lot from us. (Note: America First Credit Union is much friendlier and more helping. I do appreciate the help Zions gives me but America First has my business hands down.)

I had a gentleman come in and want to cash a rebate check for a little more than 10,000 dollars. I was so proud of my manager (this is a rarity at Costco) who in not so many words told him to hit the road. He didn't want to fill out the I.R.S. forms for the transaction. I can't blame him plus who wants to carry around 10,000 plus dollars in day light. I could make a great living telling the mafia guys who to chat with on the way out of the warehouse. I don't even want a cut just the favors owed to me, and maybe a little protection.

The good news I have is I think the wave has crested and we are on the descent. The surf has been wickedly rough. Knock on wood that this is the case and we are on the descent!

Thanks for reading my rants/ramblings!

No comments: