Friday, March 11, 2011

Being in the Present


James is way into Kung Fu Panda so I have watched it a number of times. I really like the movie so I really don't mind. It was a great present from Jessica to James! (Thanks Jess!)

My favorite characters are of course is Po the Panda and Master Oogway the Turtle. I feel like Po and aspire to be Oogway! Here is a sequence from them in the movie that I particularly love. Po is frustrated with his new calling to be the dragon warrior and feels he should quit and go back to a life a making noodles with his father.

Po: Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles.
Oogway: Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

I personally sometimes get so wrapped up in life that I forget to be in the present. So here is to being in the present. Thanks master Oogway!!

1 comment:

Cam said...

Love that movie.