Monday, January 11, 2010

Santa brought me Two Dimes!!

Santa Claus brought me two dimes for Christmas. Yes, I have been a very good boy! I received a 1921 & 1921-D Winged Liberty Head (Mercury) Dimes. Now I only fault one to finish my collection. The likelihood of that happening (me finishing my collection) is slime to none! I just can't justify spending $600.00 to over $1000.00 for a dime. (Although I hear everything is possible when a man has his mid life crisis.)

So this leads me to my next question should I collect Walking Liberty Half Dollars, Peace Dollars or just upgrade my Mercury Dime collection? Honestly, I am torn between the options. I essentially have one collection completed and can make it more valuable and better looking or I can try to start from scratch with a brand new one. The problem is it is more buying that collecting.

Oh the problems of a collector!   

1 comment:

Cam said...

I think the Walking Liberty half dollars look pretty cool, but I imagine they're not something you come across very often. Wait on that last dime, but when you hit your mid-life crisis, feel free to pull the trigger on that one!