The Moron for the month of December is no other than The Commercialization of the Holiday Season!!
(Can we possibly commercialize Christmas anymore!)
I really feel this deserves to be the Moron. Ever year it seems like Christmas and Christmas shopping start earlier and earlier. This year for example Costco received Christmas goods to sell to its members in September. (What the heck!!) Sorry, but in my opinion that is a little early.I feel bad for the other holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. I personally feel Thanksgiving needs to be more celebrated in this country. (Less football and more realization of your blessings and gratitude for them.)
I remember years ago I was working with a very religious man. We were dealing with unkind and rude people. None of them had the holiday spirit or the gratitude to be with family at that special time. This man was from the deep south of the United States. He didn't have family around to celebrate with. We started discussing the holidays past and present. Then the conversation took a turn to a more religious theme about the up coming holiday (Christmas). What this gentleman said I will never forget maybe it was because the way he said it, he spoke with honesty and sincerity in his voice. What he said pricked my heart so profoundly that I remember it today. He said, "Mike, Jesus Christ would not want us to celebrate his birthday this way." I have remember that statement and reflexed on it many times in particularly during these holidays.
So to the Commercialization of Christmas. Here is your Moron!
No comments:
Post a Comment