My birthday was March 7th, and I guess I'm growing up. I'm 33 years of age. Usually every year I make a huge fuss about my birthday. I truly love it! (That' s really is an understatement. If you really want to be entertained ask Heather about my B-day list.) I don't know if it is that all the calls are coming to congratulate me or maybe it's just people are thinking of me. (Ya, I know not a lot of self esteem.)
Well this years B-day kind of sucked. James was sick with the croup and we were quarantined. He basically wanted to be held and coughed a lot. He has been miserable. Poor kid! (But he is getting over it.Thank goodness.) Heather and I previously planned to go out to dinner on Friday night to celebrate. We were stuck at home so we ordered out, but it just was not as much fun. Not to mention when we finally got home to eat the food it was so/so, lukewarm, and not as great as I had imagined.
That night James didn't sleep very well. Heather, commented that she thought she was nursing again. It was the kind of night when you wake up you are grateful because contrary to all your thoughts you really did sleep.
So on Saturday my birthday. My parents planned for everyone to meet for dinner after the Utah basketball game. Didn't happen I had Crown Burger for my birthday feast. (so much for my final meal before the diet. Can you say POSTPONED!! I will eat like the King I am then diet.) I am grateful for my lovely wife giving me the afternoon to watch the game. But to be honest with you I really wanted her and James to come. I enjoy Heather's company so much more than my parents. (Don't tell my parents. If you are reading this post Sorry. I guess I have finally realized the meaning of Genesis 2:24, Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.) I really do love my wife.
On Sunday my Mom called me to ask me how everything was. I told her James is doing better. She asked about the birthday because she knows it means a lot to me. I told her it kind of sucked. She said, "Michael, when you get older birthdays just are not as cool as when you are younger." I agreed but pointed out (with hope for the future I might add) it would have been so much better if James was feeling better. Needless to say my mom said, "We will postpone your birthday tell James and everyone else is feeling better. Then we will celebrate." (I really love my mom. She is such a good mom trying hard still to care for me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment