Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mr. Mom





I love these two pictures from Mr. Mom. I think the second one kind of sums it up for me! He is trapped and all he can do is look out on what he perceives is his happiness, but he must forward with his more nobler cause!

I have been Mr. Mom as of late or it least it seems like it! I had Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday off this week so I had the kiddos all day. I had the kids on Tuesday morning from when they waked till 1ish. This really isn't all that different from my normal schedule except I had Monday off this week.

On Tuesday Heather told me I couldn't say I am going to kill them anymore. That made matters more difficult for me. I usually say something and it is kind of like a little relief.

Here are some points that I have been thinking about lately especially since Mr. Moming it! If anyone knows the answers to these points I would happily embrace them and apply them into my life! (In other words please share!)

1. How do mom's do it? (I know that is a loaded question, but I seem so inept.)

2. How do mom's do it with more than 2 children? (I could tell I was failing when James was telling me how much he missed Aunt Mindi & Aunt Britney taking care of him. He also said,"Dad, you are about ready to beat him! Right?" (this was referring to Samuel)

Now I digress. . . .This reminds me of a story about my nieces Maya & Layla. Maya was in primary and asked what she did nice to serve her family without being asked. Maya replied with I cleaned up all my toys without being asked while my Mom beat my little sister Layla. (As you can tell from this parenting story. The parenting gene is not real strong in the Strasser's DNA.)

3. How are mom's so kind and patience? (Sometimes I really don't care who did what and who is crying because of such and such. I just think they deserve it. Misery loves company.)

4. Does anyone know where I can purchase patience's? (I am willing to pay double price for a small measure.)

Thank for my reading rambles and your encouragement in these trying times. Here's a great line from Mr. Mom to end with.

All of us here at Schooner Tuna sympathize with all of you hit so hard by these trying economic times. In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna by 50 cents a can. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices. Until then, remember, we're all in this together. Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart.

No comments: