Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life needs to slow down --- Random Thoughts

I have had many random thoughts as of lately.

Thought about September 11th, Samuel walking, Red Sox once mighty lead in the A.L. East is dwindling rapidly, James starting preschool, and my last one is am I going to accomplish my 2011 goals?

I just guess my blogging to some extent is therapy for me. So let's begin. I have laid down on the sofa and am starting to write (sort of speak).

September 11th was pretty emotional for me! I remember it as if it was yesterday. The most frustrating thing for me that my mind keeps going to is United flight 93. I believe those people are Hero's. To take that plane down instead of letting the terrorist hit there intended target is amazing. I hope when I am in Pennsylvania someday I will be able to see the site. (Now prepare for the upcoming statements. I don't mean to belittle United flight 93 sacrifice at all.)

Now the more I think about this scenario part of me wishes that it would have crashed into the congress, capitol, or white house. I know that is horrible to say! If that would have happened would there be so much partisanship? If that would have happened would people think about our democracy and how it really works? If that happened would over country political systems learn to work together? To me it is ironic that "The People" saved the government offices where the heart of legislation is conducted. When I feel the politicans are so out of touch with "The People".

My next thought turns to Samuel walking. Heather has a great picture on him walking posted on her blog. Last Tuesday something clicked and he has been walking ever since. It is so neat to see him be so proud of his accomplishment. He smiles and thinks he is King! The love he has brought into this family is so amazing. I feel we have been truly blessed from above! Good job Samuel!

Frickin Sox what's going on? I can't figure you out. You lead the A.L. East for 4 months and then give it up. I know they have been banged up and the starting pitching is horrible, but come on this is the championship rounds! With the Rays closing in on the wild card I don't know what to think. Four games at home against the Sox this weekend could completely change the landscape of this division in one week! My mind keeps going to the Dropkick Murphy's song "Tessie", "Don't blame us if we ever doubt you. You know we couldn't live without you. Red Sox, you are the only only only."

James started preschool on the 6th of September. It was kind of tough for me. James and I have a great routine and I am really sad to see it go! We go to the library on my day off and go out to eat lunch somewhere among many other things. He keeps telling me how much he likes preschool and that make me happy. I think that is great for him. I guess I will just have to start a new routine with Samuel. It is good to have alone time with Samuel we usually just play on the floor and just hang out.

Last but certainly not least my goals for 2011. I am thinking of them as I am chomping down a hand full of Kirkland Signature Double Dipped Chocolate Covered Peanuts. (Guess I am probably not going to accomplish eating more healthy.) I don't even own a punch pass to use more consistently. I just finished John in the New Testament so I will probably get that done, but I have not even opened the Apocrypha. I still have a few day left. I guess my lead is fading faster than the Red Sox.

This is the championship rounds so we will redouble are efforts and finish swinging!! Go Sox and please excuse me I need to go and read!

No comments: