Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Return of the Trophy: Is Michael Maturing?

If you looked at my February 11th post it was about Glory Days. Well late last month I returned the State Water Polo Championship trophy to where it rightly belongs Olympus High School. My wife kindly informed me that it was no longer welcome at our house. So somewhat reluctantly I returned it.

I have not been in the old high school for quit so time. It hasn't changed much, but it just had a different vibe. I guess I have grown up and matured a bit. Needless to say I walked into the main office saw the new principal and  gave him the trophy. I apologized for having it for so long of a time and said, "it deserves to be in the school that we played for when we won it."  Then I asked if he could put it next to the previous year's trophy (1993) ( holy crap I'm getting old!) because back to back state champions was our goal and we achieved it. He just smilied.

As I walked away James was holding my one index finger in his whole little hand. I just thought life has been good to me and it still continues to be good. I am very blessed!! 
 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wish I had some memories of you playing water polo... Yours will have to do for me!