Friday, April 23, 2010

Lists


I must be getting old because I LOVE LISTS! (Yes, I know that is a big confession! Getting old.) Look at the above picture. They are just a few of the lists that I found around the house.

I usually start a list and post it on my book that I am currently reading, or somewhere in my drawer. (My drawer is another interesting topic for another time.) It took me just about five minutes to find all these while I was writing this post. Most where in the drawer some were on the laptop and a few were on my book.

What is on these lists? Different things for each list. I have lists of books I want to read. Lists of coins I need to fill my collection. Lists of things to get done at home. Lists of thoughts and actions that need to be taken.

I start a list for my B-day, Fathers day, and Christmas every year.  My mom will call me and ask what is on the list when it is time for one of the occasions. (For me that is part of the fun of these events is starting the list. Everything is open and attainable!)

Every Tuesday evening at work I start a list for my day off.  I always call Heather and ask her what can I do for her or us. I do this so I can accomplish the things I need to. What is left over moves always moves ahead and I continue on with the list.

Making a list helps me think of others. Sometimes my lists consist of such and such gave a great lesson. Then I write on my list to let him or her know. Sometimes I  think of the needs of people around me and I form a list with ideas to help or approach the situation.

1 comment:

terrah said...

I'm totally a list maker too. Maybe Kevin can start following your example. I especially love that you call Heather and ask her what should be on one of your lists-- that's awesome!