Monday, March 29, 2010

March Rocks

March is my favorite month! I love it for several reason not just because it is my birthday month (but that has a lot to do with it.)

March Rocks because you get to see the end of winter and the beginning of spring. March teases you with this! Some days you get that spring break weather that makes you want to go outside walk around,  play in the park, and have the first BBQ of the season. Then the next day you wake up and it has snowed. I love the unpredictability of this month. Sometimes I think mother earth is confused by March.  I love to go outside and see tulips, crocus, daffodil, and an occasional hyacinth popping through the dirt. If it is like our garden it still needs to be weeded and prepped for the actually growing season. Then I just smile and think these poor flowers are going to get snowed on or frozen, but spring is at the door.

Another reason March Rocks is because of "March Madnees"! My family ever year fills out brackets I think I have filled out brackets since I was at least 11. It is one of the traditions I have brought to the marriage. Every year Heather and I have been married we have filled out or brackets and enjoy the best playoff/tournament system in all of sports! (This year for the first time ever Heather kicked my butt!! (It was brutal!) My downfall was listening to to much ESPN at work.) (Yes, you can have to much of a good thing.) What I even enjoy more about the tournament every two or three year the tournament comes to the University of Utah. There is nothing better than taking the day off work and watching these college kids play their hearts out on the floor. They play the best they can. Most these kids know it could be their last basketball game they ever play with a team. They leave it all out of the floor! I honestly can't wait till James is old enough to be check out of school to watch basketball all day with his dad.

Then all of you that know me know how much I love my birthday. (I start my B-Day list usually in January, and we celebrate my birthday for a week!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

March was right on par with February for you, my love. Glad it was a good one. Here's to a great April! xoxo