Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Moron of the Month

Here are the Morons for the month of February!! No other than U2.  U2 decided to honor Utah with their presents and try to make a buck or two.They are coming in June to play at Rice-Eccles Stadium.

Heather and I entertained the idea of seeing them until I found out the ticket prices. They have four prices level for their tickets. Here they are from cheapest to most expensive: price level 4 $30.00 for general admission (all sold out), price level 3 $55.00, price level 2 $95.00, and price level 1 $250.00. (These prices do not factor in the tickets surcharge and handling fees. So in reality these tickets are probably cost ten to twenty bucks more than listed.)

(Caution this is where I flip out) I flip out because these guys are no longer rock stars but posers!! They have become THE MAN! What rock star charges $250.00 per seat!! I will tell you what type of star does NONE! Unless you are U2! Hey, Bono who do you think you are? Are you a rock star trying to spend your celebrity status for the good causes of the earth (global warming, rain forests, saving the whales, green peace, fighting poverty and hunger, UNICEF, and lets not forget your baby of them all Africa and ending the spread of aids!) or line your pockets with my blue collar working mans dollars. 

You guys are so out of touch with reality that you think these prices are normal. (Hello, it's about the economy stupid! We are in a recession!) Who's going to drop more than $250.00 for tickets on a night out? Huh? Well I will tell you who will. Your poser fans that is who. These fans have forgotten what it was all about and that my friends you have also forgotten. (It's about the music. ROCK N ROLL)

3 comments:

Heather said...

We can just go listen on the lawn.

Cam said...

No kidding. I bet U2 would put on a great show, but not for that much money.

Turpin Times said...

So I take it you're not going to the concert. :)