Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fantastic February

February has been fantastic for me! So I'm going to give you a short recap of what went on during this month.

Valentines day was great this year because it happened to fall on President's Day weekend.(Sunday was the exact day. Plus on Sunday church got out way early that day!) Every Presidents Day weekend we have this tradition where we invite the Turpin's over for a feast. We have a wonderful turkey dinner and it feels like Thanksgiving in the middle of February.

Then on Tuesday the 16th Heather and I went to the hospital. Heather had her appointment to have an ultra sound to see if we where having a boy or a girl. The results were great! Our child is healthy as far as we can tell. We could not see all the stuff needed during the ultra sound so were heading back on the 9th of March. Hopefully this baby will cooperate. (Yes, we know what were having.)

Then on 17th through the 21st we caught an airplane for Oceanside, California. We flew into Long Beach and rented a mini van and drove to Oceanside. On this trip we were accompanied by Natalie, Drake, and Grandma Faye. Everyone at work has been asking how the trip was? How I felt as being the only man? Well I felt it was great. It was a great trip and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It was amazing to be in 70 degree weather and see green grass and leaves on the trees, but most of all I enjoyed seeing the ocean.

Then on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th the Banff Mountain Film Festival was playing at the U of U in Kingsbury Hall. Needless to say my wife was a single women that week. I left every night about 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. and returned home after 10:00. My brother in-law introduced me to this festival a couple of years ago. Since then I have gone and enjoyed it either with him, my brother, or alone by myself. I posted an old post about Banff last year. The old post is was on February 25th 2009.

So I have felt this past month has been a great month and hopefully next month will be even more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Feb was indeed fantastic!