Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! The reason why I love this holiday so much is because it represents what I feel I need most. (and by some weird timing it always falls just when I need it.) What I do during the Thanksgiving season is take some time to be grateful and reflect how thankful I am for all my blessings.
My yearly ritual is to read Abraham Lincoln's Thanksgiving Day Proclamation and his Proclamation Appointing a National Fast Day. (Here is the link for you http://holydays.tripod.com/linc.htm)
After reading this I just think/ponder. How could this man who was experiencing Hell so beautifully and nobly raise above the darkness around him? How was he able to lift the nation and turn it heavenward? Then I think how can I Michael Strasser be this type of person? I am blessed with a knowledge people would die for. So how can I act as I should? How do I keep my perspective? How can I share my happiness? How can I lift my fellow man? Each year I struggle with these questions, but each year I feel I do a little bit better at answering them.
Thanks for reading my ramblings and please take time to remember what this season is really for.

2 comments:
I think you are doing a fabulous job! I'm thankful for YOU!
We are thinking of you today.
Post a Comment