I thought Sarah Palin because of her facebook post concerning the "Death Panel". Does she really think the government would fund a death panel? Wait here I can just see it right now. Men in white coats sitting elevated behind a desk (kind of like a judge [ironic twist huh]) saying, "Sorry, Grandma or Grandpa So & So you are costing way to much money for the American taxpayer TO KEEP YOU ALIVE so "WE THE DEATH PANEL" have decided that you are going to have to be put under in the next 2 to 7 weeks." "Please, make the necessary provisions and say goodbye to your family and loved ones." Is she really this dumb! (Don't answer that.)
Then former House Speaker Newt Gingrich jumped into my head because of what he stated on This Week with George Stephanopoulos concerning Health Care. I have posted the transcript from the show.
STEPHANOPOULOS: One of the other claims being made about the bill -- and it's related to cost control -- is an -- and opponents are spreading the idea that the president's plan will encourage euthanasia. Most recently, Sarah Palin, on her Facebook page yesterday -- I think it was Friday night actually -- said that, "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."
Now, as you know, Mr. Speaker, the president called that outlandish. He said...
GINGRICH: But why -- why didn't you put up what Dr. Zeke Emanuel said? Because Dr. Zeke Emanuel, who's the chief adviser to the president and brother of the chief of staff, said in writing...
STEPHANOPOULOS: He's not the chief health care adviser. He's written three articles between 1996 and 2008 that include some of those phrases...
(CROSSTALK)
GINGRICH: ... standards.
STEPHANOPOULOS: Those phrases appear nowhere in the bill. The only thing...
GINGRICH: But...
STEPHANOPOULOS: ... but let me just explain what's in the bill and then get you to respond to that. The only thing in the bill is they would allow Medicare to pay for what they say is voluntary counseling on end-of-life issues.
GINGRICH: I think people are very concerned, when you start talking about cost controls, that a bureaucracy -- we don't -- you're asking us to trust the government. Now, I'm not talking about the Obama administration. I'm talking about the government. You're asking us to decide that we believe that the government is to be trusted.
We know people who have said routinely, well, you're going to have to make decisions. You're going to have to decide. Communal standards historically is a very dangerous concept.
STEPHANOPOULOS: It's not in the bill.
GINGRICH: But the bill's -- the bill's 1,000 pages of setting up mechanisms. It sets up 45 different agencies. It has all sorts of panels. You're asking us to trust turning power over to the government, when there clearly are people in America who believe in -- in establishing euthanasia, including selective standards.
Don't you love Newt's response: But the bill's --the bill's 1,000 pages. We can't trust the government. (And he thought about running for President!) Give me a break you idiot!After some thought I came to the conclusion that the American Public would be a perfect Moron of the Month for the month of August. Before I explain let's look at some pictures because a picture is worth a thousand words. All these pictures were taken at town hall meetings about Health Care.

Since when as an American public could we not sit down and discuss the issues and come to a compromising resolve? When did we start to use intimidation as our tactic of choose. (Mr. NRA 2nd Amendment gun owner)
The only bright side I see in these pictures are that the freedom of speech is alive and well, and at least our President or his cronies are not screening the people before they allow them into their town hall meetings.


2 comments:
Great post! I remember hearing about that exchange with Newt Gingrich, but I couldn't remember the exact wording. I'm glad you posted the transcript. Also, how about parents keeping their kids home from school so that they don't hear Obama's speech about keeping kids in school?
Hmm...I'm surprised you didn't pick Obama, because I mean, have you heard he's a socialist?
Post a Comment