To be honest with you it has been rewarding. I like being involved in the community and helping our home owners. It has been a learning and growing experience. Part of me is glad it is over, but as my term has been drawing to an end it has been bitter sweet.
I will not miss the monthly meetings or hearing my neighbors complaints. I will no longer miss everyones lack of tolerance for their neighbor. (We are all not perfect. At least last time I checked!) It amazes me how people whine and complain but do nothing to remedy the problem. They become spoiled.

(Right now as I write this I am picturing in my mind a image just like I posted of an apple. It is slowly rotting, decaying, and spoiled.)
Being proactive is so much better than reactive! This is probably the best thing I have learned in these two years. I have also learned that we need everyone around us to help us grow and serve to become better people.
I am also amazed to realize that I really am an adult. (I mean in this complex Heather and I are in the minority. We are the young couple of the H.O.A. Everyone is either an older couple or a single adult much old than I.) So through out my service I have realized I am adult. This dawned on me when I was speaking to these people and I sounded like my Dad or Mom giving them counsel, advice, or just helping them resolve their problems etc... I was thinking you guys are older than me and still haven't got your crap together!! Grow up!! Time is running out!! (Next thing you know I might listen to Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck. Highly unlikely!!)
But as I end this post I would just like to thank Shalea Park for helping me grow and become a better person during these last two years!
1 comment:
You have done a fantastic job! xo
Post a Comment