Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Sublime Sunday

Today has been an excellent Sunday! It truly has been a day of rest for me! Even though I am a rebellious/sinful man. Let me explain:

My sainted wife Heather took James and went to Aunt Mindi's early this morning. (To be honest with you I was so tried/sleepy that I didn't hear her get up and go.) I just laid in bed and slept till 9:24 a.m. (this for me is an achievement! Being that my body wakes at 5:00 a.m. every morning do to a habit formed by work.) All this selfless service my wife rendered made it possible for Mindi & Alan to attend the temple dedication, and me to sleep in and have time to myself. (Time to myself is a rare thing these days.) (You make think I'm selfish but I don't care YOU NEED TIME TO YOURSELF or you will go mad.)

So with this precious time I slept in, had breakfast, took a long relaxing shower, and just hung out and enjoyed the day. I read the D&C and The Killer Angels. (Reading for me is something that has not been easy for me to do lately.) Heather, went to the 3:00 p.m. dedication while I stayed home with James and enjoy some quality one on one time.

James woke from his nap and the first thing he did was take off the collared shirt Heather had dressed him in that morning and said, "Daddy, blue shirt!" My heart melted he wanted to wear his Red Sox shirt for the big game tonight.

After the changing of the shirt we went down stairs to color. We traced hands and colored them, and then when I couldn't think things could get any better. James wanted cookies. So James and Daddy had cookies. James just keep eating them up and saying UMMM UMMM UMMM!!!!

Me being my rebellious self choose not to attend the dedication. (So, I guess I'm going to the other side!) (Here's my justification.) I felt it was so good to be at home, and do nothing!! I know some of you will think that is a lame excuse but that's not for you to judge.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Flint started teething, so we stayed home too. I completely agree with you about having time to yourself.