Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reader's Block?

You all know or have heard of writer's cramp and writer's block. (If you have not I Michael Scotted it and looked it up in Wikipedia for you.)

Well I swear I have reader's block! I just can't get into any books. (it's probably been caused by Moby Dick and my smug attitude thinking I could read it no problem.) I use to read books of all kinds and sorts. I love reading them from cover to cover. I really enjoyed every minute of it, but now it feels and like a chore. I know this sounds totally dumb but I'm kind of concerned! Concerned mainly because I love to read, but lately nothing appetites me. I just keep telling myself it's a summer thing, and I will snap out of it in September. ( Hopefully this is the truth.)

So I'm calling you who read this blog to help me. What do you do to snap out of you're own reader's block?

2 comments:

Cam said...

I usually stop reading whatever the book is that I'm currently reading. Then, I look for something really different to read. Sometimes I think you just need a little break. Maybe it's like being in a hitting slump. The more you think about it, the worse it becomes.

Jenny said...

Just so you know, Cam stole my answer. We read your post at the same time and I said, "I just stop reading the book." Two seconds later, that's what he's typing! But he said he does that too! :) Sometimes I go back for it, but sometimes I just leave the book alone. Why read it if you don't like it? For example, I HATE Hemmingway's writing style. Just can't read his books. I'm impressed that you tackled Moby Dick though because I've read excerpts from it and it's a tough read. Don't mind me and the longest comment ever!