On Monday we received our recycling bins! (I have gotten so excited about a blue bin I guess my life is sad.) I know this is pretty lack luster, but for me it is monumental. I love it!! It was neat to drive around Shaela Park and see every house with it's bin sitting and waiting for its new owner on the curb. I know you are thinking OH NO! Not another Al Gore. Not another green peace freak. (By the way I was a member of the NRDC.) I linked it for all you that don't know what the NRDC is. (So, I guess you can call me a hippie.)
It makes me happy to think that little old Centerville is doing something positive for the environment! I told Heather I wanted our bin right next to our back door so we could fill it easier. (My wife is a saint with the patience of an angel!) She obliged me and we are off to a happy start.
This post is posted by former NRDC member Hippie Michael
1 comment:
We've had a recycle bin at our new house for the last 3 months and I love it. I'm not so saintly and green, I just love having the extra room in my regular trash bin! We've used it quite a bit, and for right now at least, we've only been recycling the easy things.
Oh and we didn't attend the dedication either. Maybe we should have, but we had a nice family day and it was beautiful. 'To every thing there is a season....' and today just wasn't the day for that for us.
Post a Comment