This years father's day rocked!
I had a very fun and enjoyable day. It all started out with James waking me up at 8:00 a.m. (since 90 percent of the time I'm at work by 6:00 a.m. 8:00 is sleeping in for me.) He brought me some presents and I got to open them in bed.
I was extremely lucky and received a $25.00 gift certificate to the Wild Bird Center, a history channel series on DVD entitled The Revolution (it's all about the American Revolution), a stainless steel wire basket for the grilling, (now I can BBQ vegetables, roasts, and other wonderful treats), and a book by David McCullough entitled The Great Bridge: The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge. This was just the start of a great day.
We had a great breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, and juice. Followed by time to study the scriptures, finish preparing my lesson and prepare for church. Church was good as always. Church really grounds me and helps me realize how blessed I really am. It gives me strength to approach the upcoming week.
After church I got to grill dinner on the BBQ. We had lemon chicken kabobs and grilled veggies. along with Grandma pat rolls. I enjoyed the company of my family. I really like spending time with just Heather and James. They complete me and make my world so much better to live in. Sometimes with the two of them life seems so clear.
I truly am blessed to be a father!! And lucky to have such a great and loving wife and son!!
2 comments:
Love you.
I bet that series on the Revolution is super interesting! Cam and I are probably lame, but when we go to my parent's cabin, we usually end up watching the history channel (the cabin has cable and we don't...)! Either that or "What Not To Wear" on TLC! :) Surprisingly, Cam has reminded me of fashion tips picked up from that show ("no horizontal stripes dear"). Random comment here! Sorry!
Post a Comment