As you can tell from all the pictures I was recently in Denver, and went to Coors Field to watch the the Colorado Rockies play the Seattle Mariners. (The Rockies swept the series. I didn't care who won I just wanted a good game.) I took my Dad for an early Father's day present.
Heather called me from her work and told me of a deal that Delta had on flights so I called my dad and asked if he wanted to see Griffey and celebrate Father's day early. We left Saturday afternoon and came home Monday afternoon. We went to two games, one on Saturday night and the other Sunday afternoon. (I know we are sinners. But as Billy Joel says in the lyrics of one of his songs, "I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun. Only the good die young.") Both games were delayed due to weather related issues. The first was rain and the second was rain and an approaching tornado.
It was great to spend time with my dad and watch a couple of games. We scored the best seats I have ever been in to watch a baseball game. The first night we were on the club level, and the following day we were on the 22nd row. On the club level we had padded seats and menus for food. It was totally a suite. We had to show are tickets to get in and everything. Marble floors, all the works. The second day was amazing I have never before heard a horn blow for everyone to take cover because of a possible tornado. We were so low and so close to the players.
It was a great experience to be with my dad and watch great baseball stars like Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Todd Helton, Brad Hawpe, and Troy Tulowitzki. Plus quench my baseball fix! Baseball for me is just a slice of Americana.
No comments:
Post a Comment