Thursday, November 6, 2008

A special message from Mitt

I found this quote a couple of days ago and thought it was particularly appropriate for the political season.

"I'm a big believer in the two-party system." "I'm not saying that entirely out of self-interest and bias. I just came back from living in a state (Utah) that was overwhelmingly Republican. And a single-party system generates problems, in my view. In that state, the more extreme wing of the dominant party begins to have more political sway. And that de-energizes the great mainstream of citizens. They get turned off by politicians and offended by the politicians and become less engaged in the political process."

Mitt Romney-Commonwealth Magazine, Summer 2002

I don't know who to be more worried for President-elect Obama with a majority in the house and senate, or Davis county with an all Republican County Commission. (probably the latter because it's been 14 plus years without a Democrat on the commission.)

No comments: