During this time of year my thoughts tend to turn to gratitude. I contemplate my blessing and try to serve my fellow man. I do count my blessings and am quite amazed with what the Lord has bestowed upon me and blessed me with. (because I am a wretch of a human being)
This year has been no exception. I am grateful for the country I live in. I love the freedom I have. Yes, I might have a different opinion but I realize how blessed I am when I express it and I have no repercussions. I love the founding of this country. The colorful figures and personalities in it's upbringing. Men and women like Franklin, Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, Sacagawea, Rev. Martin Luther King and a numerous concourse of others.
I love the beauty of this land great vast oceans, plains for as far as I can see, mountains snow capped rough and rigged. I love man made creations such as The Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Space Needle, Fenway Park, and Wrigley Field. We are blessed to have so much beauty around us. This land is truly blessed.
I am thankful for my family. These people see all my flaws and still love me for who I am and who I am striving to become. These people support me in all my ventures. They care for my well being. I am thankful for my beautiful and intelligent wife and darling son. Heather is so kind and patient with me and James brings such love into this house. I love the opportunities they give me to grow and serve.
Last but not least I am thankful for Christ and all he has done for me. I know I will never comprehend it but my heart swells as I try to think about it. I love Him and His plan of Happiness he has created for me and us.
No comments:
Post a Comment