Life has been good lately! Heather and I had our three year anniversary on Monday. James is trying to eat sweet potatoes (that's quite different from the oatmeal and rice he has been eating lately). I just got back from Chicago and Green Bay. It was our annual boys sport trip. The best reference I heard to describe Chicago was, "A drinking town with a sports problem." It was great. I had so much fun. We saw the Cubbies play the Pirates and the Packers play the Chargers. Both the Cubs and Packers won. We ate great, as you can tell from the photos, and experienced tail gating in its truest, most sincere form. Football is not a past time in Green Bay, it's a religion. It was fun to watch my Dad turn into a twelve year old when he met his childhood football idol Paul Hornung. Paul signed a book for Dad and of course the jersey my dad was wearing at the time. Paul is now on a first name basis with John, and in turn my next son will be named Golden for the cause. (Paul's nickname was the Golden Boy)
It was fun to watch Richard when he first saw Lambeau Field. You would have thought he just died and when to heaven. Not only was he in heaven, but he got to see his idol Brett Favre tie the all-time touchdown record. Me, I am the odd man of the group--I appreciate football and I like the Packers, but my passions lie on the diamond. So to see Wrigley field was quite a treat. Wrigley is the second oldest baseball park in America built in 1914, and the Cubs are in my top ten of favorite teams. Top five in baseball. Yes, it was quite a trip, and I felt honored just to go. Here are some random pictures of the trip I hope you enjoy. Next time I go to Chicago it will be with the love of my life. Like wine, marriage gets better with time!
No comments:
Post a Comment