I thought I needed to blog about what is going on in life lately. My
life feels as if I am in the M.T.C. and on a mission again. You see that was the
first time my life that life sped up. It seemed as if the days were
weeks and the weeks were as days. I have very long days and my weeks
just keep flying by!! It seems as if my life has been moving pretty fast lately.
I am not complaining. I certainly don't want life to slow down. I know if life slows down that means I am having a trial. I know that He knows what is best for me so if life does slow down I will try not to complain. (Please notice try is underlined, bold, and italicized because that is the key word.) I don't really want to ask for that,
but what He see's fit. I will try to do! He knows better than me and knows what is best for me!
My day consist of waking at 5:15 a.m. working from 6:00 to 2:30 or later. Then coming home and trying to spend as much time as possible with my family. Lately with swimming lessons, allergy shots,(severe reaction the other day) mutual, and home teaching it doesn't seem like I am home that much. I am glad swimming lesson are done for awhile James absolutely loved them. Looks like we have another fish in the family. I am not complaining about home teaching I having been praying for months for an opportunity to open up for me and my companion to reach this person. These are
answers to many prays. It seems the Lord has heard and is starting to help in a way that I can notice.
I just hope I don't mess up this opportunity I have been seeking for. I hope I am able to get my foot in the door after the window of opportunity closes. The Lord does hear and answer prayers!
James had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and it was a great occasion! He was so excited to be five. The birthday fairy came and decorated the house with Spider-man color streamers red, black, and black. Heather made an amazing Spider-man birthday cake. (Pun not intended.)
Earlier in
the day dad and mom let James decide where he wanted to go on his B-day. I was
pulling for the zoo. (It is easier to control kids at the zoo.) Heather
suggested Discovery Gateway Children Museum I was not pleased with her
for the suggestion! (She wasn't even going to be their to help out.)
James choose Discovery Gateway of course. It was pretty hard to watch
three kids at that place but we managed. (The third wheel is another
story for another time.) I am not quit a triop yet but close. (A
triop has three eyes!) After the Discovery Gateway and lots and lots
and lots of washing of the hands and sanitizer (yes I am becoming a
Nielsen) we ate at Hires. James had a great birthday! I am so lucky to
have him as my son. I don't know if he is learning from me but I am
certainly learning for him.
He started the day off at his preschool that he absolutely loves. It was his special day with a special treat for the kids.We went to IN-N-OUT Burger for his special b-day dinner because James believes they have the best grilled cheese. Then open presents and played with them outside. James has a great fireman water gun that I would have envied in my youth. Heather always get him the best toys.
Fast forward a bit and we are at Mothers Day. Heather is the best person I know so it is hard to do something nice for someone who does so many nice things for others. (She has already been their and done that.) James told me that we should get Momma a necklace. I told James that Momma doesn't want a necklace. Then I started listing all these other things we could get her flowers, chocolates, books, etc... after the list James suggested that we get her a necklace. Needless to say she did not receive a necklace. Heather we love you very much and I am very grateful the Lord put you on this pathway of life with me. Thank You I Love You!
This mothers day was different because it would have been my grandma's 100 birthday. My dad and his brothers and sister wanted to celebrate it. I know that is weird but we all deal with lose and closure in different ways. So we had a birthday cake and celebrated her birthday. Every year my grandma would not eat the cake because it was to pretty. She would take it home and freeze it. Well this year we ate the cake. I thought it was symbolic that we were eating the cake this year and moving on.
On Monday we went to the Bee's game it was great and perfect weather for a baseball game. I got to see a beautiful executed hit and run by the Bee's and a suicide squeeze that gave the Bee's the led in the 8th inning. Right after we left on the ride home I got text from my brother he had just caught a foul ball. It was the ball! Heather got mad at me because I was not happy for him. I explained to her that it was a guy thing. (Haven't you seen Fever Pitch. The scene where the Sox come back to win the game against the yankees and he goes berserk! I have never missed a game in 13 years and they win. etc...) Any way when we pull up to our house our wonderful neighbor Todd asks how the game was I tell him about the ball and he understands and explains to Heather it's a guy thing. If we would have stayed the ball would have been mine! It's not a lie Rich told it was right where I was sitting.
Thanks for reading.
2 comments:
I love that James boy. He is so smart and loves life! He is going to be successful in life with that attitude!
Ah but maybe if you'd stayed you'd have been in a horrific tragic car wreck on the way home and everyone would've died.... Sorry. It's a girl thing.;)
Post a Comment