Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Great Movie

Natalie recommended this movie to me a couple of months ago. She went with Chris on a date night to see it. I saw it and loved it! I recently purchased it a Costco. 

I have always been enamored by the "Lost Generation"! It just seems as if something wonderful was happening at that time in the world. In those roaring 20's. 

Ever since that movie I have had an itching for many things from the "Lost Generation" mainly France and Spain. I have missed Bull fights, San Fermines (The Running of the Bulls), and especially the Arts just to list a few. I felt these people and artists lived life to it's fullest. That is something that I have always wanted to do with my own life!

This move gave me an itch for Hemingway. I have missed reading him, so I have satisfied these interest and desires with a lot of reading of him lately. I just love and enjoy him. I really can't understand why. His writing is just very straightforward. I have read For Whom The Bell Tolls, A Dangerous Summer, and have just purchased  Death in the Afternoon. (Last summer I read The Sun Also Rises.) I have read Hemingway so many times before but with every read I just enjoy him more and more. (I swear when I retire and go back to college I am going to spend some time studying English with an strong emphasis on literature.)

If you haven't seen this movie I suggest you give it a try. The first three minutes is nothing but scenes of Paris and if this does not make you want to go there or be there nothing will!  I felt as if I was looking at postcards. The soundtrack puts you right into the 1920's seen in Paris when the scenes arise.This film won an Academy Award for the Best Original Screen Play and a Golden Globe for the Best Screen Play. It really isn't that bad and it gives you the wit of a Woody Allen movie. So if you would like a night in Paris check out the film.       

1 comment:

Heather said...

Okay, okay, I need to watch it! But it's going to have to be at like 10 a.m. when I can stay fully awake.