Monday, July 18, 2011

All Star Game Festivities


I was lucky enough to attend the Triple-A All-Star festivities. James and I went to the Home Run Derby on Monday July 11th and Heather and I went to the All-Star Game of Wednesday July 13th.

I think it was the second batter up during the Home Run Derby and James asked me when are we going to go home. I told him not tell dark and we were going to stay to see the fireworks. After that comment and a snow cone he was good to go.

It was a great time. The Home Run Derby had a total of 10 guys 4 from the east coast league (International league) and the 4A Player of the Year from the state of Utah and 4 from the west coast league (Pacific Coast League) and the 5A Player or the Year from the state of Utah.

The 4A player Kayden Porter was amazing he almost won the whole thing. He took second. I couldn't believe he is only a junior going to be a senior in high school. He hit a home run a least 440 feet! Talk about power. The Triple-A players were amazed and even gave him a wooden bat so they could compete.

The All-Star games was great. I don't know if I liked the game or being alone with Heather more! Honestly it was the later of the two. It was definitely nice to have a night out with her. If anyone wants to baby tend just let me or her know and we can help you out in that area. Thanks!

I was excited to see the Major League players of tomorrow today! You never know we might have seen the let Big Papi, David Ortiz.

No comments: