Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July

The 4th of July this year was great!! I usually dislike the parades because the temperature is way too hot, and the streets are over crowded with people. This year it was not to bad. I went to the parade just to watch Samuel. He loved it and was waving to everyone as they passed by.

As you that know me I had to reflect and think about the 4th. I have always loved the 4th it generates a great feeling of community. It is the one day I think people are able to put away political ideology and be American.

I remember as a kid it seemed like we were staying up really late to see fireworks. I remember firework shows with my grandparents and BBQ's. How time just keeps going. I loved to picture in my mind what Washington, Jefferson, or Franklin were thinking. Would they be joining in the festivities or would they think we were a bunch of sell outs.

I enjoyed my 4th and it was an excellent day. I hope you enjoyed your.

No comments: