Well today has been a sad day for the Red Sox and Big Papi!
I received an ESPN forwarded text from my brother at about 10:30 a.m. stating that David Ortiz (Big Papi) and Manny Ramirez tested positive for PED's (performance enhancing drugs) in 2003.
To be honest with you I was disappointed more than sad. I felt horribly bad for Big Papi. I have always thought Manny was a nut (albeit a good ball player) and it continues to manifest itself in his lifestyle.
My first thoughts about Papi were thank HEAVENS the world doesn't know my secerts!! I mean people make mistakes and hopefully they can learn from them, pick themselves up, brush themselves off, and move forward. (All this is so much easier said than done!) (For example, after I mess up I feel like I am a wretch of a man, and then sometimes I make the same mistake again!) I know this is a cliche but, I just feel bad for baseball! I feel especially bad for Red Sox baseball and its fans. I feel bad for the people who love the game of baseball. Hopefully this will make them (the fans) and Papi stronger. All we (the fans) and he (Papi) can really do is learn from mistakes and move forward.
As with most teams you always compare them. You compare them to past teams, present teams, and possible future teams. If this right I don't know but it is done regardless. I miss the 2004 Red Sox (The Idioits). They were a great team that had each others back and it showed. So to put you aka (myself) a Red Sox fans in a little bit happier place. Here's a great moment in Red Sox history!
The unifying of a team!
P.S. I still admire that guy who once played for the Salt Lake Bees called David Oritz! And James nickname Lil Papi will still remain!
1 comment:
That shows that A-Rod really is an idiot. Seriously, who is dumb enough to want a piece of Jason Varitek?
Post a Comment