Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Heather, asked what I wanted to do for the fourth of July? So after very little thought I said, "Sleep in, (this is maybe 8:00 a.m. for me) have a good breakfast, and no parades! I use to love parades, but after going to the Kaysville parade a couple of times. I have really grown to severely dislike them. (Sorry to all you past, present, and future residence of K-Town)

I just think it's a pain to set up your stuff to save your spot and when you come back it is conveniently moved by your neighbor. Then good luck sitting and watching the parade! Everyone within the vicinity stands so you can't see what's going on unless you stand also. I almost forgot to mention how do you keep the kids out of the street. (at least this year no one was hit) They want to see what is coming up next and grab the stray candy on the ground. Its just a pain! I don't want to do it anymore, and I haven't even mentioned the heat yet. (Yes, I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but I also know that I will be going to parades in the future just because that's what a good dad does!)

Well back to the fourth. It was great I stayed home and watched the History Channel DVD series The American Revolution that James gave me for Father's day. I love the history of our country! I feel blessed by and honored to study it. Our founding fathers risked everything for this great land. Hopefully we can live the type of lives to repay them and everyone who scarificed for the freedoms we enjoy.

2 comments:

Turpin Times said...

I'm with you on the K-town parade. I couldn't have said it better myself. I might need to borrow your series The American Revolution.

Heather said...

This year the crowd at the parade was different. We didn't experience any of the kids in the street or not being able to see or having our blanket moved. We found a new spot that seemed to alleviate all these issues so you might have to try again next year!