
I'm sorry bloggers for neglecting you lately, but I have found a new love in my life. It's called eBay! For those of you who don't know what eBay is, well, let me tell you. Its sure goodness. You can find and buy anything you want on eBay. Its crazy ridiculous!! I feel like I have been invited into every person in America's junk room or closet and given a nod to buy/take whatever I want.
See, growing up, my Dad collected tons of stuff/junk like baseball, basketball, football, and hockey cards, he also had garbage pail kids cards, desert storm cards, and wrestling cards, etc. He collected stamps, coins, cups, sports memorabilia and many other things. Now I know what you are thinking and you're right! My mom is the most patient woman in America, but some of this stuff paid off for her. When she wanted to put an addition on to their home, my dad sold some of his cards and paid for it. I have a weird theory based on this experience which is that clutter pays albeit it takes time. My wife disagrees strongly with this theory.
So when I discovered eBay all these childhood memories came racing back to my mind. With such memories come consequences (just ask my therapist), and I have purchased some stuff that is really neat but of no use. Here's an example for you: an 1864 two cent piece. Now what am I going to do with that or what am I going to use it for? I don't even collect two cent pieces, but the eBay answer that is in the back of my mind and is coming to me subliminally is you can start collecting and for next to nothing. So needless to say, I Love eBay!
P.S. The other day I believe I found someone's soul on eBay. I think it sold for about $12.73 plus $7.50 shipping & handling. I think the purchaser got taken on the shipping & handling, but they always do.
eBay
4 comments:
That two-cent piece looks sweet. I love eBay too. Last month I bought a Nintendo/Super Nintendo combo for my wife. Needless to say, it's been a great time reliving my childhood.
Michael-
I'm sorry to hear about your new love. Jeremy loves ebay and has now for several years. I've strated to resent it a bit. No it is a great place to find good deals. I think Jeremy likes the sort of gambling feeling he gets with the bidding war. I was happy to discover your blog. You are a funny guy.
I'm feeling neglected...
Me too! Where are you Michael????
Post a Comment