Monday, December 17, 2007

Frosty the Snowman

Here is a great holiday story that I hope will bring you all some Christmas cheer (and give you some insight into the wonderful world of wholesale at the busiest time of year). We are selling many things this holiday season: Christmas trees, candy canes, Christmas cards, and even holiday stamps.

I want to focus on these wonderful holiday stamps for this particular story. You can buy a booklet of 100 stamps for less then you can get them at the post office. It looks so festive with your greeting cards, I might add! Printed in this booklet of stamps is a snowflake, a Christmas tree, a reindeer, a teddy bear and yes, you got it (and my brand new personal favorite) Frosty the Snowman.

Well one day a member was purchasing her greeting cards and this very savvy cashier asked, "ma'am would like to purchase some of these holiday stamps to place on your cards? I think they would go well with your cards and they are cheaper than at the post office." This lady stopped and put her hands to her temples on the sides of her head as if she had a migraine headache suddenly coming on. The concerned cashier asked, "Ma'am are you alright?"
She looked up and shouted "NO, I AM NOT ALRIGHT! FROSTY IS SMOKING!!!!!!!
What kind of message is this sending to the people I mail these cards to. I do not condone smoking! I am sending these cards to missionaries! What would they think? I can't believe you sell such a product."

I thought "Are you kidding me!! Give me a break. It's not like Frosty is smoking a bull." (Sorry, old fraternity talk coming back) I also thought the magic came from his top hat placed on top of his head not what he was smoking in the corncob pipe.

Only during the holidays and only in retail/wholesale.

Here's a picture of the culprit: DON"T BE FOOLED!!

1 comment:

Cam said...

That lady is probably one of those people that wants to ban Huck Finn from public schools because he smokes and uses the "N" word.