Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Did It!!

One of my goals this year was to read the New Testament, well I did it and it feels great!

While I was reading I have many different colored pencils to mark my scriptures. James would love to take my colored pencils and draw or color. These pencils I have had for a number of years and knowing it was time to get rid of them I told James he could have them all when I finished reading my scriptures. So I had extra incentive!

James did not take this promise lightly. As a matter of fact James has been more than motivating! I will be watching T.V. or surfing the internet and James will say. "Daddy have you read your scriptures today?" James would not only ask but tell me that I needed to read. It was truly a blessing to have him so interested in watching his dad read the scriptures and accomplish his goal. I spent free time reading scriptures while James would be sitting right next to me coloring and drawing using the same colored pencils that I promised him once I completed my goal. James would ask, "Daddy how many pages do you have left?" As the number got lower and lower his and my excitement grew and grew.

I have many priceless memories that I treasure because of this goal. Not only did I feel my Savior loves more in my life as I studied His life, but I got to show James that reading the scriptures is important and great use of time. It is great to see him get so excited to see his dad doing what he should.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good job Dear! And we have a pretty awesome boy on our hands.