Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Tradition


Every Christmas season I watch this film as my own little Christmas tradition. It started years ago when I lived at home. My dad got the Christmas shows listings in the newspaper and highlighted every time it was on. He then informed us that we had to watch this show or there would be no Christmas! I was the obedient child in the Strasser family so I watched it and thought it was okay but nothing to write home about.

Years later I watched it and really enjoyed it. Then once Heather and I got married I have watched it and grown to love it. So I have watched it ever year since 2004 and a couple of times before then. So I have probably seen it a minimum of 10 times. I have grown to love this show! To say I love this movie is an under statement now.

For me this film rings pretty close to home. I have been at the end of my rope a couple of times in my life! Although I do not wish to return to those times or situations. I have felt love and divine guidance in those times in my life. Even though I was not in accordance for the guidance I was receiving at those times. God is merciful! So I feel I can really relate pretty close to George Bailey.

After watching this show I feel and wish I was more in tune to the spirit to help the people that really need help. So if you happen to see It's A Wonderful Life on the television don't turn the channel just sit back and enjoy. It will really remind you how blessed you really are!

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Cam said...

I watch it every year on Christmas Eve. I love it.