This summer has been great even though our original vacation plans fell through. Looking back on it I have really enjoyed it.
I was lucky enough to see a couple of baseball games. Go swimming at Uncle Doug's pool and spa. Go to a dinosaur museum in Utah County. (That reminds me of a joke. Heather loves this one she has heard it several times. Are you ready? Why does it take 45 minutes to get to Provo and an hour to get out? Because Provo sucks! Funny joke Huh!) We were even lucky enough to find a great snow cone shack close by our house. One more purchase and we get a free one!
We were lucky enough to hike up Ensign Peak, go to Silver Lake, and spend time together. We went to the Davis county fair. James and I saw the Demolition Derby and a Rodeo. A couple of days after the derby James came up to me and said Daddy thanks for taking me to the derby I really liked it! Can we go next year? I replied with you bet. (I hope I am not raising to big of a red neck.)
I know this post is kind of lame, but I just feel really blessed to have such a wonderful summer. I feel very lucky I was able to spend some good time with my family. We found a great philly cheese steak restaurant. Just sometimes after all the fun of being with them going back to work is quit difficult.
So as summer comes to an end. Michael is full of optimism for the fall. I can't wait it is my favorite season, but summer this year was especially kind to me and my family.
Thanks Summer
2 comments:
I'm bummed I missed the demolition derby. However, it has been a good summer.
It was a great summer. Thanks for the fun!
Post a Comment