Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moron of the Month


Okay maybe I am getting old and bitter. Yes, I know it is the 11th of May and I already have a Moron for the month of May.

Is that to soon for you all. I hope not because I'm going to go on anyways! This time I'm gone federal.

As you all know I sell things from time to time on eBay. I have always shipped in a small flat rate box. The reason for this is that it gets the merchandise from point A to point B rather quickly and I feel it is more secure. The price to ship this way was $4.95 until the new year then it increased by a quarter to $5.20.

So I went into the post office to get some stamps. I told the cashier I needed to purchase some stamps for the small flat rate boxes.

She responded with, "We don't have any $5.20 stamps, they haven't made them yet. We are still waiting on them. They should be made and sent out shortly."

I thought typical post office and typical federal government! Here they are changing something and nobodies prepared for the change. How hard is it to print/make a $5.20 stamp.

So I asked, "Do you have a 25 cent stamps? To go along with the $4.95 stamp to make a total of $5.20 for the small flat rate box."

She says, "No, a 25 cent stamp doesn't exist!" (I think that would be way to easy because everyone uses dollars. In there every day transaction. Numbers that end in a 0 or a 5 are way to easy to accommodate and understand.)

I thought no wonder no one uses the post office system anymore. No wonder they keep raising the rate of postage these guys are not smart enough to bring in a profit! It is more efficient not to mention easier to use UPS or Fed Ex.

I responded with, " What do I need so I can ship my flat rate box?" She responses with, "Oh that is easy here is a $4.95 stamp, a 5 cent stamp, and a 20 cent stamp for a total of $5.20 or would you like a $4.95 stamp, a 2 cent stamp, and a 23 cent stamp?"

"I'm fine with what ever you choose. Whatever is easiest for you. It all mails the same."

Holy Crap, Batman are civil servants are as dumb as rocks!! So United States Postal Service you are Moron of the Month for the month of May.

P.S. The customer service was outstanding! If you can put up with the lack of foresight.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Sounds exhausting. I can't believe you didn't just ask "Can you put me in the direction of the nearest UPS Store?"

Jenny said...

So funny! And no, post the moron of the month as early as you please! :)