Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FHE at the VA

We decided for family home evening we were going to visit Big Dil in the V.A. nursing home. It was quite the experience.

They were having a musical program. A man was playing his electric accordion. He was playing all kinds of songs and hymns. It wasn't bad I really enjoyed it. We ended with by all singing God Bless America. It was interesting because I was surrounded by all these Veterans that fought for our country in previous wars and conflicts, and on that day I learned that we had killed Bin Laden.

My thoughts turned to how lucky I was that someone was willing to sacrifice for me and now my family! I was wondering how has this country really changed? We are still fighting wars against enemies. We still have the resolve to keep up the struggle to the very end. I was just surprised to see these things in my thinking. At one moment I thought I had a lot in common with these men and in another I realized how different our worlds are.

Needless to say I felt very blessed because of my fore father's sacrifice!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That was a neat experience. Thanks for recording it here. xo