Thursday, August 12, 2010

Toilet Training

For all of you that don't know we are trying to toilet train James. I all reality this should be called patience training for Daddy's and Mommy's. Don't get me wrong he is doing great and we are really proud of him, but wholly crud this is hard!

I remember listening to X96 years ago and Bill and Kerry were talking about how cool Costco is because they had full length urinal's. They also commented how clean the bathrooms are. This perked up my ears because I am a Costco employee, but how this seemingly worthless conversation has taken on a whole new meaning as a toilet trainer.

First, clean bathrooms are worth there weight in gold!!! In my opinion there is nothing more gross than a dirty bathroom. When James has to go in a dirty bathroom I stand him on the sit of the toilet and tell him to shoot away. (He has a pretty good aim. So it is not going everywhere.[please knock on wood here for us]) I know it is bad not to sit him, but I AM NOT HAVING MY KID SIT ON SOMETHING THAT DIRTY!

Secondly, unfortunately the Strasser/Nielsen genes are not great on height. We are small people. So I have not encountered any urinals that are accommodating for James size. (Hence Bill and Kerry's conversation is ringing true!) What ever happened to floor length urinals? Where did they all go? I don't understand! Is it not easier to do your business in one of these things? (I believe it is.) As Americans are we not all about what is easiest? So bring back the floor length urinal! By doing so toilet training could be so much easier!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't know about urinals, but I believe in the hovercraft.
James is doing great (and so are you).