I found this article in yesterday's Salt Lake Tribune under the MLB Notes column in the Sports Section of the paper. (page D8) I thought you might enjoy it. I found it a little moving. So here is the article, it is entitled: Griffey says so long to M's.
Ken Griffey Jr. thrilled his fans one last time, taking a curtain call after singling in his final at-bat. He wiped away tears that fell from behind sunglasses he had put on in a futile attempt to hide his emotions.
He looked like a bellhop, tipping his cap so many times to so many people during this joyous season finale. More than 32,000 Seattleites kept chanting "One more year!"
Then four of his teammates carried Griffey on shoulders from left field to the first base side. Griffey beamed and waved his cap some more, looking like a 39-year old king being paraded in a makeshift chariot.
What a way to go out. That is, if baseball's active home run king is indeed going out for good.
No comments:
Post a Comment