Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The birds have flown the coop

Sunday Heather & I were both privileged to see our birds fly from the nest. It was pretty cool to see the birds take there first flight. They all flew like pros. The one that is burned into my memory is the last one to take flight. He was very hesitant but his mom and dad would fly to part of the wreath and encourage him to fly. They would be there chirping and motioning. Then finally after some encouragement he jump off the wreath and flew away. I haven't seen the birds since they flew off. Now we just have an empty nest on our door. I am happy all five lived to fly.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Woot, woot! We did it! (Like I had anything to do with it).

Cam said...

Strong work

Jessica O. said...

We have birds living under our deck. I hope they make it. They are sure noisy little creatures.