Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where have all the Hitch's gone?

I love this man!! Lately I can't get enough of his work. I have spent many a nights watching his films. I enjoy them immensely. They make you think and ponder the movie plot. I have not done that for quite some time. Most movies today you watch go home and it is done. Nothing really causes any reflection on what you just saw. I have watched everything from black and white movies to some of his silent films. Each one has been great!

Here are some that I have seen lately: The Lodger silent film 1927, The 39 Steps 1935 black & white, Sabotage 1936 black & white, Suspicion 1941 black & white, Dial M for Murder 1954 color, Rear Window 1954, To Catch a Thief 1955 color, The Man Who Knew To Much 1956 color, Vertigo 1958 color, North by Northwest 1959 color, Psycho 1960 black & white, and The Birds 1963 color. The best part about is I still have three films left on a dvd that I just purchased of his Strangers on a Train 1951, The Wrong Man 1956, and I Confess 1953.

So if you are bored I suggest that you go to your local library or Netflix some Alfred Hitchcock films. They are not scary they are more suspenseful. He was not called the "Master of Suspense" for nothing. If you need any suggestions just let me know and I would be happy give you some. Have a nice movie night at home and enjoy.

Thank you Hitch!! I love your work.




No comments: