Sorry to all of you that read my blog it has been a while since I posted. A lot has gone on in a little amount of time. Here are some of the things that have happened.
One: The World Cup I was consumed with the world cup for the whole month of June and the first of July. If you don't know Spain won which made it even more exciting for me. "VIVA ESPANA"!!! Arriba la Furia Roja!! It was a great moment for me. I was just so happy for Spain and la furia. (Missions do crazy things to people.)
Two: eBay buying and selling. I have been buying tons of junk. Mainly 1 oz. silver bars and coins. (you know the saying "one's man's trash is a another man's treasure.") This rings true for eBay.
Three: Reading like a freak. I just finished the book entitled FDR it was amazing and I was so proud of myself for getting through it. It was very detailed and 600 plus pages. I also read a ton of magazines from topics on religion to coins to politics.
Four: James is officially independent. I can't figure him out anymore. He has become a three year old terror. His personality has really started to emerge. He questions everything and always asks why? Why must kids grow up?
Five: Church has been busy for me. I had to give a talk a couple of weeks ago. It was kind of crazy because the last time I talked the topic was morality. Try speaking on morality/chastity in a singles ward! (that's a post for a later time.)One of the counselor in the bishopric told me to speak on Independence. It wasn't bad and I enjoyed what I learned from it.
Six: Church again I teach the 15 and 16 year old kids in our ward with another teacher. This other teacher is great! I really like him, but his work schedule is crazy. He is a very busy man so I had to teach quite a lot in the past couple of months. Don't get me wrong I have loved it and learned a lot but it has occupied a lot of my time.
Seven: Samuel, he was born June 25th. Since then life has changed significantly. At times I have enjoyed the crying, and at other times I thought why on earth did I sign up for this again! We are a blessed family and I looked forward to the future. It has been a great time with James so I feel the future will just get better.
So here is the brief catch up an what happened in the month of June, and I will try to blog more as the time comes.
1 comment:
Good to see you back. Before we had Flint a friend of mine said to me, "Sometimes you ask yourself, 'what was I thinking??'" and I honestly thought it was awful that she'd say that! Little did I know...I've asked myself that question on more than one occasion. I'm sure that's how it is with each one that you add, but they bring so much joy! It's just joy in moments, not all the time! :) Glad you're all doing well.
Post a Comment