Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Moron of the Month

The Moron of the Month is a little known trait called Arrogance! (Okay this trait is rather very well known.)

One day I was thinking/pondering why I like certain things and dislike others. (I like turkey but dislike tuna.) WHY? As I kept thinking it lead to me think about people. Why do some people rub me the wrong way?  Is it me or is it the other person? In some cases it was me, and in others it was the other person. Then I thought WHY?  After more thinking and reflection it just dawned on me how I really despise people that have an over abundance of this trait.

I wanted to make sure it was arrogance and not something else so I looked up the definition:

Arrogance –noun offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.
conceit, ostentation, brass, bluster, proudness, pridefulness, nerve, haughtiness, insolence, disdain.

After reading the definition and some of the synonyms definitions I realized it was arrogance! The first person who jumped into my head was A-Rod (or should I say A-Rude). He was in the news lately for being arrogant. I will put up a couple of links so you can read the stories if you want to. Link one A Rude and Link two A Rude  (He ran across a pitchers mound for those of you who don't want to read the stories.)

The thing about A Rude is this it is not the first time time he has been arrogant. Last year he yelled "Ha" as he passed a player fooling him into thinking that the short stop was calling for the pop up. The player back off and the ball fell to the field allowing a single.

I know you are all thinking but this is a pro-ball player. (Most are idiots any ways. Plus, Michael we all know you hate the yankees.) So what about me and this real life that we are all living in? The more I thought about arrogance the more it dawned on me. We are all surrounded by arrogant people. (We ourselves are guilty of this offense. Although some think we are not. Others are repenting and trying to better themselves by "Cleansing the Inner Vessel". )

I know people who all they talk about is money.  They talk about the different properties they own, the different cars they drive/own, vacations they are planning and going on, the art they have and it's value, the beautiful view they have from their extraordinary big home, and etc...

The more I thought of these experiences it dawned on me. I really don't care. Someone's financial picture and mine are total different. Maybe in many ways they are more fortunate than me. But I realized that they can't talk of anything of substance because they are to wrapped up in themselves! I realized that I need to worry about Michael Strasser and not what Joe Schmoe thinks.

Pride has been the downfall of most civilizations. If we don't watch it I believe it will certainly be the downfall of ours!

Well you have probably heard enough from my soap box. So take it for what it is worth. Arrogance is the Moron for the Month of April. 

 

No comments: