Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ode to Texas Sheet Cake



Heather made a Texas Sheet cake the other day and took it to Grandpa Jake's. Honestly when I tried it I thought I had died and gone to Heaven! (Side note: If they don't have good food in Heaven I don't want to go!) I told Heather while I was eating it maybe we should call Leslie's and tell them to forget about the annual spice cake that I order for my birthday.

I felt I needed to respond to this cake like Grandma Debbie does to the things she eating but I refrained. (My mom or as she is better known now as Grandma Debbie says while using her utensil to point at the food that is being consumed, "THIS IS DAMN GOOD!" She only bust that term out while she is eating and the food she is eating IS DAMN GOOD!) Grandma say her phrase with all the seriousness. You can imagine in her face it is as if she is declaring a truth!

Heather's sheet cake was so good the last thing I wanted to do is condemn it! I wanted to rejoice in it's chocolaty richness. I wanted to slowly savor it's taste. Let my taste buds be blessed with joy and rejoicing in its wonderful favor.

So Heather here is to you and your awing sheet cake. Thank You!  By the way I ate the last piece!

2 comments:

Heather said...

My pleasure!

Turpin Times said...

Are you saying you've never had Texas cake?